Score - 8.5
" + Well thought-out design/explanation
+ Requirements understood
+ No hardware
+ Designed for molding/ machining
- Parts heavy thick
- Fastening features difficult to mold / special tooling"
-Well-thought-out design to keep the use of hardware down (none at all). Parts look robust and able to be replaced. Fatigue will have to be accounted for in the pawl design but the thickness of the parts seems to take this into account. Assembly looks to be easy as well as service or replacement of parts.
"Good understanding of requirements
DFM and DFA thought out
Low part count
No hardware required"
- Understood the assignment well and the requirements for the mechanism
- Design would work well for the needed application
- Simple two-part design with features to hold itself in
- Parts can be injection molded
- Explanation of how the device works is a bit unclear and took multiple reads to understand fully